Pixel 3a XL
Pixel 3a XL
Pixel 3a XL
Finally braved the cold and made it out to take some pictures, of course at sunset – my favorite time to take them.
I haven’t made it outside to take any pictures for 2021 yet because I have been busy with other things including edits on my other blog here. Please follow me over there, too.
I’ve also been busy making appointments for up coming doctors visits. Why is it the older I get the more doctors I have to see? Hmmm, not too hard to figure that out, but still not fun. Happy to have insurance to help pay for it all though. And I do like all my doctors. They are good people.
Also been busy processing volleyball footage and uploading to youtube and a scouting site for our team like I do every time we play games. It usually takes about 2 hours per match to get it all done and they play anywhere from 3-6 matches at a time.
Pixel 3a XL
This is the last photo I have from 2020 to post so I thought it appropriate to post while it’s still 2020. It’s 10:13pm here so I just made it with a little time to spare.
Hoping 2021 is a little brighter and happier for us all.
Sony A68/Capture One
Some of you may remember several years ago I started a portrait photography business that I ran for a couple years through 2018. Now, I just do photoshoots for family and friends for fun, but my love of editing portraits is still strong so I’ve decided to go into the business of photo editing for other photographers. Here is my first blog post on my business website.
Offshoots Photography is taking a different turn for the new year. While I haven’t offered portrait photography services for a year or two now, my love of editing has never wavered. Therefore, I am now in the business of photo editing, editing images for other photographers. I will be posting before and after images on […]A Senior Before and After
Sony A68/ Capture One
Here are two backdrops for a family photoshoot I am doing this weekend. I think I will have them standing in the first one and on a blanket in the second, pulling in for a tighter shot.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!
Here’s what I’ve learned:
– Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions happens every 20 years, but this one is the closest one since 1623 (almost 400 years ago) and the closest observable one since 1226 (almost 800 years ago.)
– 2020’s extra close Jupiter-Saturn conjunction won’t be matched again until March 15, 2080 and then not again until after 2400.
– Jupiter is the brighter planet in the photo, on the left and Saturn is on the right. They just switched places today.
– I took these photos 45-60 minutes after sunset in the southwestern sky.
– My lens only goes to 250mm on a crop sensor 😦 so the dots are the best I could get. The streak in the one photo was a plane going by.
– I think the planets will remain in close alignment for the next few days and will still be easily visible to the naked eye when looking toward the southwest just after sunset.
– Check them out if you haven’t already and if you have binoculars or a small telescope, you may be able to see Jupiter’s four large moons orbiting the giant planet.
Pixel 3a XL/Snapseed
I’m fighting a intermittent migraine today. Sometimes they are weird and the pain comes and goes but the tension is constant. I slept terrible last night which is probably what caused it. Sometimes I don’t know what causes them. This will be my third one this month which is unfortunate especially since I’ve been going over a month between them lately. Maybe the stress of covid surging and the holidays is taking its toll. Weather change makes a difference too I think. I’m glad I can take it easy today.