Motorola X Pure
Happy Friday, everyone! Becky at Becky’s Open Book passed along a friendly award to me which came with an opportunity to answer some get-to-know-me questions. I am not really sure who cares to get to know me, but I will gladly play along. 🙂
- What part of the world are you from? I am from Missouri in the United States.
- What is your favorite movie and why? My Fair Lady because I love the music, the accents, the humor, the costumes, and of course, Audrey Hepburn
- If you find a penny heads up, do you pick it up for good luck? No, I am too much of a germo-phobe. If it was paper money however, I could overcome my fear. 😉
- Favorite book? Bible
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? spend it in Italy
- Name a pet peeve. drivers who tailgate and when people don’t rinse out their cereal bowls before leaving them in the sink
- What is the most daring thing you’ve done? rode 70mph on the back of a jet ski (flew off – could have died)
- Roller coasters: love or hate them? hate them
- Do you have any pets? two dogs
- What is your best childhood memory? falling asleep to the sound of Jack Buck announcing Cardinal baseball games as his voice wafted through my open window during the summer when my parents would sit out on the front porch listening to him on the radio at night
- What was your first job? Did you like it? babysitter. yes.
It’s been a year like any other. Many ups and downs, all of us just trying to live life on life’s terms; maybe focusing on our worries more than we should, but often reminding ourselves to look at all we have to be grateful for.
One of the things I love most about taking pictures is they are always of pleasant subjects: people, everyday objects, animals, nature, architecture, food, and so on. It keeps me focused on the simple, positive, beautiful things in life like my brother’s pets. 🙂
Happy New Year to everyone and best wishes in 2018!
Grateful for our White Christmas this year! Merry Christmas, everyone!
I’m all for a pop of spring in the dark of winter. How about you?
I was getting ready to post some pictures of my pooches and pretty flowers when I saw that Dutch Goes the Photo’s prompt this week is “Pets” and decided to join in.
Coincidentally, my dogs are named after flowers with the one on top of the couch being ‘Lily’ and the one sprawled out on her back below being ‘Daisy.’ Lily is Daisy’s mom and like many mothers and teenager daughters their relationship is tense at times. Low growls turn into short-lived spats, especially at night when they are tired and crabby. Overall, however, they get along fairly well; like to play and rough house together and basically live life like an old married couple.
I thought these evergreens looked nice against the pretty blue sky. Winter is here and it’s pretty dreary, but I am going to challenge myself to get out and photograph. How do you stay inspired to shoot day after day?